Zydeco Creole Trinity Shrimp Pasta
Zydeco shrimp pasta INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounces Penne pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon zest, to taste
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter,
- divided 4 cloves garlic,
- minced 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups mushrooms slices
- 1 jar of Zydeco Creole Trinity Salsa
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
DIRECTIONS: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and lemon zest to taste; set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter in the skillet, sauté mushrooms. Stir in pasta and Zydeco Creole Trinity Salsa. Stir in shrimp. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley. Serve and enjoy.
Special thanks to Vanessa Lewis for submitting this awesome recipe to the Zydeco Foods Facebook page.
Submit your recipe today at firstname.lastname@example.org